· Entries are officially open for this year’s annual eviivo Awards, recognising the very best of the UK independent hospitality sector
· Independent hosts and hoteliers invited to submit their entries until 24th June
· The ceremony will take place in central London in October at a James Bond-themed dinner event
Entries are now open for the 2019 eviivo Awards, the annual ceremony honouring the finest hosts in the UK hospitality industry.
The awards, now in their sixth year, have been dubbed the ‘Oscars’ for independent accommodation and shine a light on the best B&Bs, guest houses, hotels, pubs, restaurants with rooms, and other independent serviced or self-catered accommodation that the UK has to offer.
The eviivo Awards are open to all independent accommodation providers across the country, with online applications open until 24th June via the awards website.
Eight categories highlight the best of the best, with a shortlist being selected before independent judges announce the winners at a glittering James Bond-themed ceremony atLondon’s Grand Connaught Rooms on 15th October. Nominees can enter as many of the following categories as they like:
· Tastiest Breakfast – seeking out superb signature breakfasts, careful sourcing of quality ingredients or the sheer range of breakfast choices available.
· Quirkiest Place to Stay – recognising the unique and individual character of properties and their owners, as well as the experiences they offer.
· Budget with a Twist – searching for good quality, clean and comfortable places to stay for under £50.
· Outstanding Host – awarding the owners or managers who don’t just go the extra mile, but act like ‘The World Is Not Enough’ for their guests.
· Sweetest Homestay – recognising the very best of self-catering accommodation, which offers something different while ensuring privacy for guests.
· Multi Property Wizard – identifying the owners who manage multiple units effectively while providing exceptional service.
· Bed, Breakfast and Beyond – new for 2019, this award recognises hosts who offer the best extras or add-ons for their guests, such as exceptional food, exciting onsite activities, special health & beauty treatments, unique entertainment, unexpected cultural or social experiences, or additional leisure facilities.
· Hidden Gems & Star Amongst Stars – searching for nine regional Hidden Gems at the top of their game, which deserve to join the UK’s Hall of Fame among the very best hospitality businesses in the country, culminating into the evening’s top award – the final Star Amongst Stars
Paul Saxby, Events Director at eviivo said: “We are very proud to be working with so many wonderful people that make Britain’s hospitality sector thrive. Holidaymakers are increasingly on the hunt for unique and authentic experiences, and new levels of comfort, cuisine, and service that regularly outscores the bigger chain hotels.
“Small, family-run hospitality businesses carry out their trade with real passion and tireless dedication. They play a significant role in driving tourism and growth within their local community. The eviivo Awards celebrate the fantastic work that they do. It is absolutely their moment, and every year we really look forward to announcing the winners and nominees at theceremony.
“If you work in the UK hospitality sector and feel that your business and hard work deserve more recognition, by all means visit the awards website and submit your application. “
Online booking specialists, eviivo, host the awards and work closely with independent accommodation providers across the UK to help them compete more effectively online in a global marketplace.
The awards are now open across the UK until 24th June.
To enter the eviivo Awards visit https://awards.eviivo.com